You’ve got a perfectly good Contacts manager on your phone/computer already, right? Wrong! Well OK, not really wrong but let us explain why you’ll want to use LifeChanger Contacts.
There are many advantages, including:
- You can keep groups of contacts together with related information. e.g. if you’re organizing a party you can have a list of things you need to do in advance, a list of things to buy and a list of the invitees, all grouped together inside your party list.
- You can group related contacts together on your main list. e.g. work colleagues, kid’s friends, neighbors, etc.
- watch this space: we’ll extend contact lists in future so you’ll be able to send bulk emails/texts using pre-made templates to list members – e.g. to party-goers, club members, etc.
Where do I start?
You use Contacts on the Desktop. If you’re not on the Desktop already, tap the button at the top left of LifeChanger to show the menu. Then, tap on the Desktop button.
Take me to the Desktop in the web version of LifeChanger now.
Create/Edit a Contact
At the top right of every List in LifeChanger there’s a round + button. If it’s orange (i.e. it’s at the top of a Contact list), tap it to create a new Contact. Otherwise, tap the round button with 3 vertical dots at the top right of the list and then Add Contact.
To edit an existing Contact, tap on it.
Whether you’re creating a new Contact or editing an existing one, the same details are shown. The only mandatory field is First Name.
- First Name + Last Name: the name of the contact. Enter as many characters as you want. If you’ve copied text onto the clipboard you can paste it here.
- Company: if the Contact works for a company, enter the company name.
- Email: the Contact’s email address.
- Mobile/Home/Work Phone: the Contact’s phone number(s).
- List: if there are sub-lists, you can choose to add the contact to one of those rather than the main list.
- Tags: tap/click if you want to enter one or more tags to categorize the task
- Status: choose one of: To Do (the default), In Progress or Done
- Address: the Contact’s mailing address
- Details: put extended details about the Task into this field.
- Date of Birth: the birthday of the contact, if applicable.
- Picture: take a picture with your device’s camera or upload one.
- Web: the web site address of the contact, if applicable.
Sometimes, you may need to add extra field(s) to a particular Contact that are not generally applicable. e.g. maybe they have a 2nd mailing address or you want to add 2 or more pictures of them, etc. Read more about adding custom fields lower down on this page.
Tap/click on the History tab . If you’re editing an existing Contact, you’ll see a list of changes made to the Contact over its lifetime – e.g. who created or edited it and when, who moved it from one list to another, etc. On this same tab you can also enter Comments. Enter as many Comments as you like. Other LifeChanger users that have shared access to the Contact can add their own Comments. Each Comment is shown with the name of the person that created it and the date/time and is shown chronologically amongst the History items with newest entries at the top. You can make changes to your own Comments but not to those made by other people.
Sometimes, you may need to add extra field(s) to a particular Contact that are not generally applicable. e.g. maybe they have a 2nd mailing address or you want to add 2 or more pictures of them, etc. In the screenshot, the Custom Fields card is active and 2 fields have been added.